Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development
The Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development (BBSR) within the Federal Office for Building and Regional Planning (BBR) is a departmental research institution under the portfolio of the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI). It advises the Federal Government with sectoral scientific consultation in the political fields of spatial planning, urban development, housing and building.
Research and development as well as knowledge-based services are core tasks of the BBSR. The scientists:
- prepare analyses, expert reports, (governmental/departmental) reports and statements,
- accompany technical policy measures and programmes and develop them further,
- supervise the research programmes and initiatives of the BMI,
- promote professional exchange in networks and committees,
- communicate scientific findings through publications, events and websites,
- maintain data and information bases for analyses and forecasts
A Scientific Advisory Board supports the quality assurance of the Research Institute. The scientific exchange with universities and scientific organizations is further intensified, among other things through an internship program, courses and joint conferences.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator